COVERS THE MOST RECENT EXAMS!
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MAXIMIZING YOUR SCORE!
TAKE THE STRESS OUT OF ACT SUCCESS!
The ACT is a curriculum-based college entrance exam that’s
popular throughout the U.S. Similar
in function to the SAT – but unique
in that it includes a section designed to assess scientific reasoning
skills – the ACT is actually
preferred by many college admissions offices
when they’re deciding whether to reject or accept applicants.
- Understand dense reading passages and answer tricky questions
- Recognize subtle errors in the content, style, and mechanics
of written English
- Craft an impressive essay that effectively showcases your
- Decipher complex theories and experimental data from scientific
- Make sense of even the most challenging math problems
In this way, ACT scores can make or
break your chances of getting into the
college of your dreams. The ACT is truly a daunting exam that requires
a brisk pace and a broad range of knowledge: from reading “between
the lines” to fixing misplaced modifiers, from evaluating
scientific theories to tackling tough geometry problems. And if
you elect to complete the optional writing sample, even your ability
to craft a timed essay will be put to the test.
Now, Video Aided Instruction can give prospective college students an
comprehensive DVD set gives you all the tools and techniques you’ll
need to make the most of your study time, improve your test-taking
skills, and maximize your ACT scores!
This one-of-a-kind resource will help you conquer all of the various sections of the ACT, including:
- READING: sample ACT-style reading passages, with tips for improving comprehension and answering main idea, detail, inference, structure, and other questions
- ENGLISH: sample ACT-style English passages, with strategies for correcting underlined portions according to rules and conventions of grammar, usage, and mechanics
- WRITING: a sample ACT-style writing prompt, with easy-to-follow methods for crafting a high-scoring response
- SCIENCE: sample ACT-style science selections, with techniques for evaluating evidence, analyzing experiments, and interpreting charts, tables, graphs, and other data
- MATH: sample ACT-style math problems, with step-by-step solutions in pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry